How beautiful to see 2 flocks of pure white swans flying overhead about 4 p.m
with the brilliant blue sky above them. Becky could hear them discussing their
plans for their evening rest on the lake, or maybe they were talking about not
enough grass poking up through the snow where they had stopped for lunch.
Whatever it was, their passage from our view as we were shoveling snow, was
much too fast.

She opened the platform feeder enclosure so the cardinals could go in to feed
but the first to go in for seed were 2 FOY grackles.  We've had many tree
sparrows, house finches & juncos since the storm. I haven't been to the ponds
since Tues.. Dave Nutter wrote to me about what I posted about seeing 2 female
common mergs on the 11th. He said he had seen female red-breasted mergs & I
realized he was correct since I had definitely noticed the bill difference.
Didn't have my scope ... rarely take it when I go to the PO for mail .... &
forgot to check when I got home.

Fritzie