At the Goetchius Preserve yesterday afternoon John Confer and I watched a pair
of (presumably courting) Common Ravens as they flew overhead, swooping, diving,
and rolling around together in midair. Thrilling and hope-inspiring!

And at the "Very Leaning Barn" on Rt 79, the barn itself has been propped up by
an assortment of new buttresses much to the relief of the pair of Turkey
Vultures perching on top of the roof. How long will their traditional roost
(and nest site?) remain standing?! I can't recall whether it's known whether or
not they actually nest in it.

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY  13068 USA

Phone  607-539-6608
e-mail   m...@cornell.edu

http://www.marieread.com

***NEW***  Music of the Birds Vol 1 ebook for Apple iPad now available from
iTunes

http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/music-of-the-birds-v1/id529347014?mt=11