This is, I believe, near East Venice Rd. where it intersects Rt. 90.  There has
been a pair of cranes nesting there for quite a few years.  The nest used to be
in a small wetland behind a farmhouse  just to the SW of the south end of E.
Venice Rd (across Rt. 90).  A group from the Crane Foundation in Wisconsin
banded a chick there a couple years ago.  This sighting is good news, as I saw
no activity at this wetland last year (or so far this year either).  The field
to the east of the wetland used to be alfalfa from which the cranes got lots of
bugs.  The field was sold 2 years ago, the alfalfa plowed up, and corn planted.
 I had assumed the cranes had moved on, but apparently not.  Thanks for the
news, and keep watching.

Steve Fast
Brooktondale (a ways away)
On Saturday, March 29, 2014 4:03 PM, Charles Randolph