The Snow Geese that Fritzie saw at 5:15 took off after several hours (3-5PM)
of rest on the ice at the southern end of Lake Road.  I estimated 150,000+.
They lifted off and settled back in place 3 times during the two hours.
What thrilling sight and sound !!!

They departed in groups of 500-1000 every few minutes at first for about
half an hour.  Then about 50,000 took off all at once filling the sky in
front of me and broke up into many V's heading north.  There were still
about another 50,000 left when I headed home.  I'll be posting photos and
videos on my website as I get them edited.
Jerry Acton