We made a quick trip up the east side of the lake today. With more ice having
melted, the birds are further out than they were a week ago. From Harris Park,
we saw a few ducks including numerous BUFFLEHEAD and a pair of GOLDENEYE. We
also saw an EAGLE perched in a tree on the near shore. In the distance we could
see SNOW GEESE when they  took to the air only to think about landing again. In
keeping Mena's experience at hand, we decided not to go to Cayuga Lake State
Park in hopes of a closer look. There were a large number of ducks off in the
distance as well. A Mud Lock Eagle was in the tree with the nest.  A quick trip
through Montezuma's  wildlife drive afforded us views of numerous gulls, about
a dozen GREAT BLUE HERONS, two muskrats and dozens upon dozens of muskrat huts.

Lois Chaplin