Today about 11-1130, a pair of ospreys, one clasping a 6-8 inch fish with both
feet, circled, giving high calls, and repeatedly alighted on the playing field
lights just W of the Woods and N across Jessup Rd from the Purcell Center.
They moved off toward the north, appearing to stay for a while almost to
Pleasant Grove Place (from my vantage point in Alot).

After a bit, the one with the fish flew S toward me (still closer to PL. Grove
Pl)  giving high cries again, and suddenly another was flying fast after it.
For a  moment, I thought it was its fast flying mate, but it was an adult bald
eagle.  It  very handily caught up, the osprey dropped the fish, the eagle
caught it, and beat its way west (essentially toward the Lake, I guess).

Anne Clark