Michele (& all),
The small streams on either side of Speed Hill Rd both feed the West Branch of
Oswego Creek which goes south to the Susquehanna River and the Chesapeake Bay,
so Speed Hill Rd is out of the basin, at least mostly. (It seems that there's
really great birding just outside the line lots of places!) The divide is just
a short distance west of Speed Hill Rd on NYS-79 but closer on upper Buffalo
Rd. Around the top of Bailor Rd where it crosses Buffalo Rd and meets Speed
Hill Rd my map isn't precise enough, and I just don't know. You'll have to pour
water on the ground there and see which way it goes. If that's where you are,
and the land slopes down all the way across Buffalo Rd, then you're in.

Until I hear otherwise I'm tentatively assigning the first 2014 CLB record
Rose-breasted Grosbeak to Marilyn Ray on Besemer Rd on Sunday the 27th. Other
basin reports from Sunday can share the record, while reports from previous
days can preempt and take over the record. Everyone else who saw the species
some other place or time earns my total envy at seeing a really cool bird. I
can't wait!

The first basin records list, which I try to keep up to date, is here:
http://www.cayugabirdclub.org/Resources/cayuga-lake-basin-first-records
Please let me know of any errors, additions, or preemptions.

--Dave Nutter