Hi Claire,
This sounds like a really cool observation (and yes it is a Great Horned
Owl), but in the future I would advise others not to post specific
locations of potentially vulnerable birds. If this bird has been abandoned
and/or isn't doing well, it would be better to not send people there who
might accidentally disturb it or even try to keep it.
Best,
Evan