From: bounce-115187219-9392...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-115187219-9392...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of W. Larry
Hymes
Sent: Tuesday, May 06, 2014 11:36 AM
To: cayugabirds-l@cornell.edu
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Catbirds and suet

Had our first of year CATBIRD and YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER.  The catbird
went to our suet feeder, but couldn't figure out how to get to the
suet.  We cut only the top off the package and hang it upside down
inside the rest of the package to make it more difficult for starlings
to feed.  Yesterday we hung a Wildbird's bark butter feeder (bought for
Sara Jane's birthday) near the suet feeder.  After a few failed attempts
with the suet feeder, the catbird noticed the bark butter feeder and
began taking pieces off it.  It's been back a couple times.  We have
never seen catbirds feed on suet.  Have any of you observed this?

Larry

--

W. Larry Hymes