Bill—

My apologies, as I gave you some misinformation the other day regarding
osprey platforms on utility poles. The osprey population on Cayuga Lake is
increasing exponentially and there are not enough platforms to suit their
present, let alone their future, needs. Since we need the cooperation of
private landowners to build osprey platforms to augment NYSEG’s efforts, it
is important that we keep the facts straight.

• Osprey platforms attached to utility poles using risers are a last resort
measure and NOT the preferred solution to problematic osprey nests.

• Platforms cannot be installed upon request.

• Riser platforms are only used in emergencies where Ospreys are attempting
to build nests and no alternatives exist.

• NYSEG has many environmental stewardship projects, but there is no budget
specifically for osprey platforms.

•All questions about osprey that pertain to NYSEG should be addressed to
Paul Paradine atpbparad...@nyseg.com

Please relay this information to your friend. I am compiling a collection
of osprey plans for private landowners to use to build their own platforms
to promote landowners building osprey platforms in the Cayuga Basin. They
will be posted on the Osprey at Salt
Point<http://www.lansingrec.com/ospreys> website
in a week or so. Thanks!

Candace