It's been a very interesting morning watching the bird feeder area while I ate
my breakfast.  The newspaper isn't nearly as entertaining as the birds.  The
female oriole has been coming in to get nesting materials from a grapevine
growing up the back of the shed.  She seems to be breaking off the dried ends
of the grapevine.  I noticed her in another area out back yesterday gathering
dried grasses. (Much of my two acres is left wild for the wildlife ). The male
has come by as well, but perhaps to check on her.

I had two new birds under my feeders- a pair of Mallards.  I had watched them
waddle up my neighbors lawn from the creek.  They ate, than bathed under some
bushes in a poorly drained area.

My White Crowned Sparrows may have left.  I haven't seen them today, but they
were here yesterday.  I'm just seeing Chipping and Song Sparrows.  Every time I
think the WH CR have left, they show up.

I've got a female Robin who's got it in for a Blue Jay, probably with good
reason.  Every time the Jay shows up, she's hot on its tail, which she's
connected with, with a flurry of white tail feathers.  There's a squadron of
four male House Finches that zooms about the yard going everywhere together.
I'm not sure if there's a female in the mix which would explain all the frantic
chasing.

If I sit in the window and watch, I won't get anything done, but I do enjoy it
so.
Sent from my iPad