Lot's of Spotted Sandpiper calls in Etna, as well. Though, the proximity of my
microphone to Fall Creek makes for discerning possible local birds from
migrants rather difficult.

Sincerely,
Chris

On May 27, 2014, at 2:39 PM, "Kenneth V. Rosenberg"
<k...@cornell.edu<mailto:k...@cornell.edu>>
 wrote:

Just listening by ear in my front yard between 10:45-11:30 last night, I had a
similar composition of birds: 43 SWAINSON'S THRUSH, 2 GRAY-CHEEKED THRUSH, 3
BLACK-BILLED CUCKOOS, plus 2 SPOTTED SANDPIPERS.

KEN

Ken Rosenberg
Conservation Science Program
Cornell Lab of Ornithology
607-254-2412
607-342-4594 (cell)
k...@cornell.edu<mailto:k...@cornell.edu>

On May 27, 2014, at 12:45 PM, "Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes"
<c...@cornell.edu<mailto:c...@cornell.edu>>
 wrote:

I did a very fast browse through my overnight sound data, early this morning.
It was very quiet on the warbler and sparrow front. Predominant species was
Swainson's Thrush.

Here's a rough break down:

4 Yellow-billed Cuckoos
2 Black-billed Cuckoos
2 Indigo Buntings
1 Alder Flycatcher
15+ Gray-cheeked Thrushes (estimated)
65-75+ Swainson's Thrushes (estimated)

Also, I stopped in at the Hawthorn Orchard this morning for about 45 minutes.
Extremely quiet. Though, I was surprised to hear two distinctly different Wood
Thrushes singing: one down in the North ravine, where I've been periodically
hearing one; a second one was singing up in the Hawthorn Orchard in the
Northeast corner. Both were counter-singing. Of note, House Wrens seem
distinctly absent compared to pass years at the Hawthorn Orchard.

Good birding!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

--