Wednesday night, there was a significant movement of cuckoos, marking the first
of major movement of the season. I hand browsed through those data last night
and tallied 26 Black-billed Cuckoo calls from at least 24 different
individuals. I also counted five different individual Yellow-billed Cuckoos.

Other tallies of note include:

1 Red-eyed Vireo (song phrases)
2 Virginia Rail (keeer calls)
2 Alder Flycatchers (re-be-er calls)
1 Indigo Bunting
1 Short-billed Dowitcher flock (at least 2 birds)
1 Eastern Wood-Pewee (pee-urrr call)
Several Swainson's and Gray-cheeked Thrushes
1 Bicknell's Thrush candidate (candidate = a relatively high-frequency
Gray-cheeked Thrush-type call, but not classic Bicknell's Thrush call).

Many more nights to come!

Good birding and night listening!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H