Between 7:00 and 8:15 this morning I got an 8 Tyrannid sweep: all the
flycatcher species that breed in the West Danby area.

I started with Eastern Phoebe on Tupper Road. I found Alder Flycatcher and
Willow Flycatcher singing in close proximity along Hillview Road near the old
Landstrom landfill, and a pair of Eastern Kingbirds in the snaggly swamp there.

The next stop was for Acadian Flycatcher along Michigan Hollow Creek, near the
_southern_ crossing of the Abbott's Loop Trail (not Diane's Crossing). This
location has hosted Acadian Flycatchers since Karl David's days at least,
making it the oldest still-active territory I know of in the Emerald Necklace.
And it's a drive-up bird! (JOOB though; more precise location on request).

A little farther up the creek I found Least Flycatcher. Then along the edge of
the big sedge marsh I found Great Crested Flycatchers, and finally Wood Pewee
at the easternmost extremity of the L-P Preserve, south of Station Road. There
used to be Acadians there, but to the best of my knowledge they disappeared
several years ago.

When I got home my own pair of Great Crested Flycatchers was very talkative.

-Geo Kloppel