A mockingbird has selected our house as a place to display his wide variety
of sounds from early morning until the sun sets. This has raised some
questions.
1, How large a collection of different sounds can one bird make?
2. I recognize some of the sounds. Would a cardinal be confused in hearing
his call?
3. Are the sonograms of a mockingbird and a cardinal about the same, or can
you tell them apart.
4. Mockingbirds migrate. Can you tell where they spent the winter by the
songs they sing?
5. Do mockingbirds make calls of predators like owls or hawks?

Thanks,
Richard Tkachuck