All:

Our panel is being installed right now so we are all set for our unveiling later. Here's the announcement again.

Remember that if you are staying for the dish-to-pass picnic at the Large Pavilion you should bring your own plate, cup and utensils.

And yes, there will be birthday cake.

The Cayuga Bird Club annual dish-to-pass picnic will be held Monday June 9th at the Large Pavilion at Stewart Park, immediately preceded by the official unveiling of the Renwick Woods panel to mark our 100th anniversary.

The panel will be unveiled at the location where it is mounted - on the boardwalk connecting the bridge over the pond to the bridge over Fall Creek. Please come right to that location at about 6pm; there will be a brief ceremony and the panel will be unveiled at about 6:15.

The dish-to-pass picnic will be held at the Large Pavilion. It is likely to be most convenient to park there first, drop off your food or drinks, then walk over to the boardwalk. I will arrange for a volunteer to stay at the Pavilion during the ceremony to look after stuff that is left there and to direct people to the boardwalk.

This event is open to members and their families and guests. Other birders and friends of the birding community are welcome to attend too. Please come and help us celebrate our 100th birthday!

Directions:
The large pavilion is to the right as you enter Stewart Park. See here for a picture: http://www.cityofithaca.org/departments/iyb/pavilionrentals.cfm.

The boardwalk is in the Southwest of the park. From the entrance to the park, take a left then follow the road round the one-way system and past the boathouse until you see the footbridge on the right.

Best regards,

Paul

--
Paul Anderson, VP of Engineering, GrammaTech, Inc.
531 Esty St., Ithaca, NY 14850