Late this evening, for the first time in weeks, I biked to the lakeshore at
Treman State Marine Park. The OSPREY family there is doing well: one adult
(presumably the male) perched on the bowsprit, the other (presumably the
female) stood in the nest feeding 3 large and scruffy youngsters who are
getting their feathers´╗┐ but don't wear them well yet. I scoped the red
lighthouse and breakwater and counted 24 CASPIAN TERNS, apparently all adults,
and including a few I could see fishing. This seems like a lot to me so early
in the season, but it didn't impress eBird, so maybe it's just that I haven't
been keeping up. I assume these are unsuccessful parents, and those who raised
young will join them later.

--Dave Nutter