Hi everyone,

   I'm a bit slow in reporting this, because I saw the bird en route to Cornell
campus from the Lab of O and only recently got back to my office and computer.
The bird wasn't an in-your-face bird when I saw it, but I stopped at a location
that I often do when biking to campus from the Lab of O, and noticed it while
doing a 5-minute eBird count.  Anyway, I saw a bird that I can't argue myself
out of IDing as an OLIVE-SIDED FLYCATCHER in the location mentioned in the
subject line.  It's a wee bit earlier than expected (although Chris Wood had
found one in a previous year on 12 August).  For details on the sighting,
location, and rationale for my ID see the following eBird checklist:

Wesley