Hi Folks,

Both Ken Rosenberg and Kevin have raised the most polite and informed
question about the possible Connecticut singing.

The bird I heard was singing. I was busy and half-listened and half
registered the song and initially said to my self that it was a really
odd Ovenbird because each note was so staccato, and then I said to
myself that it just was not right for Ovenbird. Each note of an Ovenbird
song seems to flow into the next note without a distinct pause between
notes, even if each note is very emphatic. The song of this bird   had a
distinct stutter, or extremely brief pause between notes.

I know songs of warblers are rare in fall, which is why I mentioned I
thought it odd.

Now you guys make me wonder about it, but as I played back in my mind
what I had heard, it really did sound like a Connecticut and my
recollection matched the audio at the web site. Caution is always
appropriate, but it is still on my year list, but maybe that says more
(or less) about my year list.

Thanks for the informed questions.

Cheers,

John