Sadly, circumstances prevented me from attending yesterday's dike walk, but
today's list of 15-16 shorebirds was still a great haul, considering only 2
pairs of eyes and not 30.
Most significantly, we missed the flock (!) of White-rumped Sandpipers
mentioned in yesterday's report. After leaving Towpath Road, we spent a few
minutes on East Road, hoping to pick up what we had missed, but it was still
too early in the day for the light to be right.

Pat Martin
emartin...@earthlink.net