Alexa and I just got back from a lengthy afternoon hike around
Lindsay-Parsons. The highlights were mainly in a large mixed-species flock
in the closed canopy forest E of the railroad tracks, where we saw six
species of warblers including single Orange-crowneds and Parulas, a late
Scarlet Tanager, and two Eastern Wood-Peewees (seems late for them too --
they were actively foraging and vocalizing). Also nice were: a Merlin,
drumming Ruffed Grouse and three Lincoln's Sparrows in the various
hedgerows. The beaver landscaping that has gone on this summer is even more
impressive with the leaves dropping and some of the fields mowed -- the
Wood Ducks for one seem to appreciate the renovations.

--
Benjamin Freeman
Ph.D. candidate