Our afternoon trip through Montezuma started with the Eared grebe along
the wildlife drive in the first opening after the channel unlike earlier in
the day reported further up the drive. It would be very easy to miss as for
every 2 seconds it was up it spent 8 seconds underwater.

     Both the adult and immature ibis were out preening around 2pm but
quickly split up; one disappearing into the reeds to the north and the other
into the back edge cattails to the south. The Am. Avocet was very
cooperative.

     The biggest change from last week was the large number of Lesser Scaup(
with a few Greater's and Redhead mixed in) on the north end of the main
pool.

     At Knox-Marcellus 48 Sandhill cranes were very active. When we arrived
around 3 pm there were 7 Ross's Geese among the 500 or so Snow Geese.
Several groups flew out and we could not find a Ross's among the100 or so
remaining. There were a few Trumpeter swans mixed in with 100 plus Tundras
there and a larger group(maybe 15) of Trumpeter's on Armitage Road, one of
which had a green wing tag. Way back at Puddler's  there were at least 2 of
both Greater and Lesser yellowlegs. No Great Egrets.  Mike and Joann Tetlow

 p.s.    On a sad note here is a post from Oneida Birds as I know some have
regularly  checked on this bird.