_Delaware County Winter Golden Eagle Count_

As part of our efforts to investigate wintering Golden Eagles in NYS,
Delaware-Otsego Audubon will be conducting a one day raptor count on
February 7, 2015 in Delaware County. Golden Eagle is the target species
but all species of raptor will be counted. Surveyors of all skill levels
are welcome, however, each team must be led by someone with the ability
to identify flying eagles _by silhouette at a distance._ If you have
those skills and would like to participate, please contact me. If you
are unknown to me, please describe your experience. Providing contact
information for a reference would be helpful. You can bring as many
people as you want as part of your team. For others who want to
participate, I will team you with a skilled leader if possible.

Territories are being created to be surveyed in 4-5 hours starting no
earlier than 9 am. Each team should finish its territory by 3 pm. How
much of the county we cover will depend on the number of teams.

If this count is successful we may make it an annual event and expand it
to include other areas known to harbor wintering Golden Eagles.

In the event of snow or poor visibility, the count will be held the
following day, Sunday, February 8.

Contact Tom Salo at salotho...@gmail.com <mailto:salotho...@gmail.com>
or 607-965-8232 for more information and a copy of the count protocol.

--
Tom Salo
5145 State Highway 51

---