Hi all,
This message pertains to those of you who joined the Cayuga RBA text alert
group hosted by the app GroupMe. Starting two days ago, we started getting
some trolling which has quickly devolved into outright spam. I know a lot
of you have been frustrated by this, and although we are working to block
these users (and I have contacted the GroupMe admins), there may well be
more unwelcome messages in the coming days. Rather than leaving the group
entirely, I would recommend "muting" the group. If you have the app on a
Smartphone, choose the Mute option (on Android, click the upper right hand
corner and choose mute; on iOs, click the upper right hand corner, go to
settings, then toggle mute.) For SMS-based users, text #mute to the usual
number. (Note: this does nothing if you have the app, just sends a message
to everyone with this text.) I encourage everyone to to try to ignore these
messages, and I hope we can get this sorted out quickly. I also just put
the group in Office Mode so messages won't be sent to everyone (sorry I
didn't do that yesterday!) but since anyone in the group has the power to
change settings as well as add new people, the pranksters might reverse
that at some point. Also, feel free, if you are using the web app, to
remove anyone posting inappropriate content from the member list. This will
prevent them from rejoining unless another user adds them again.

Again, sorry for this inconvenience, very frustrating for all of us. I
guess if any notable sightings come up in meantime, just make sure to post
them here on Cayugabirds quickly as always.

Cheers,
Jay

--
Jay McGowan