Union Springs: 19 Jan. 2015.

Confirmed this a.m. that the bird I saw yesterday afternoon in dim light under one of our cedar trees was indeed a SONG SPARROW, my FOY. As I was watching the song sparrow a Cooper's hawk came sweeping by on its way to the stand of spruces where the the little birds hide out. It has been patrolling quite regularly.

Deer came again about 1 a.m. to raid a feeder that is no longer where they can bump it to get sunflower seeds. At least one skunk comes to get seed droppings. If deer, squirrels, possums, racoons, rabbits, chucks & rodents were as useful as skunks, I wouldn't resent their presence. As it is, they aren't welcome!!!

35 deg. & very windy.

Fritzie