I did not have as many Tundra Swans as you on Cayuga Lake Today but I did
notice many
more than usual for mid-winter.
      From: Eben McLane <etmcl...@gmail.com>
 To: CAYUGABIRDS-L <cayugabird...@list.cornell.edu>
 Sent: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 5:52 PM
 Subject: [cayugabirds-l] OOB - Owasco

Just wanted to let folks know that there are an unusual number of Tundra Swans
on Owasco Lake, generally above mid-lake and along the western shore. They’re
quite spread out and mixing with Canada geese. Yesterday, I guess there were
200-300 (maybe more). Is the same true on Cayuga Lake?
Also, I’ve seen an adult Bald Eagle several days in succession eyeing ducks
from lakefront trees and catching a fish. (This is as I drive by, slowly, since
there isn’t much room to pull over and park.) The location is on Rt. 38, just
north or south of Stone School Rd., but I suspect that location will change, as
the eagle locates new hunting grounds farther up or down the shore. Anyway,
three successive days of just driving by and seeing an eagle in action is a
treat.
Eben McLane