Along with 5 other adults  & one juvenile is a neck-banded Tundra Swan
on Mill Pond. The band is turned in such a way that I couldn't see the
number. Perhaps someone with a good scope can see it & post their
findings. The swans have been on the pond for a couple wks..

Gadwall continue on both ponds along with mallards, wigeon & buffles.
Haven't taken time to look for the g-w teal. About three +- wks. ago I
saw traps along the east shore of Cayuga Lake, north of Aurora with good
nos. of black ducks inside & out, awaiting banding. This was the most
blacks I've seen there for probably 8 yrs..

Factory St. pond water level, thanks to a busy beaver, is higher than I
have ever seen it, with geese & ducks actually able to swim above the
grassy area that is lawn in summer. I hope the rocks at the overflow are
well anchored, otherwise, when that water gets high enough & washes away
the dirt fill along the rocks, the pond will be pretty well drained.

Gas at Byrne in Auburn was $2.13.9 yesterday. The former Union Springs
Cayuga Nation _Lakeside Trading_ gas station is now called Union Springs
Mart. Gas is priced 5 cents higher than in Auburn. It's getting _very_
_little_ business.

Fritzie B.