Yesterday we had our first pine siskins, two females, and today we had a male and female, on our nyger feeder. We also continue to have one or two redpolls on the same feeder most days and the female flicker continues at the suet as do(es) a carolina wren or wrens - usually we have two but have not seen more than one at a time or heard the female singing this winter. The wrens are tough and will drive away everything, including blue jays, starlings, and downy/hairy/red-bellied woodpeckers, but give way to the flicker. Two white throated sparrows and a half dozen tree sparrows are among the usual suspects eating sunflower seed. We are in the woods on the far west side of the township.

A friend who isn't on this list reports he's been hosting a half-dozen white crowned sparrows eating sunflower seed the last several days, and also has about 30 tree sparrows who have been there all month. He lives on a farm a bit southwest of the village of Ovid.

Stay warm -

Alicia

---