While letting the dog out just now, I was surprised by a Northern Saw-whet
Owl calling from the northern section of the Village of Lansing Greenway
that ends at the Bomax Rd. fields. The vocalization lasted for about 15
seconds, paused for about 10, and then resumed for another 10 seconds or
so, before stopping completely when the local coyotes started howling.

I'm guessing the northward movement of Saw-whets is underway, so it might
be worth checking traditional spots in the coming weeks.

-Scott