Thanks, Ben. That is the most plausible explanation. The question then becomes,
at which altitude do the daytime winds that migrants (geese, raptors) depend on
occur?  I would think the high altitude winds, given the lack of goose
migration today.

Laura

Laura Stenzler
l...@cornell.edu<mailto:m...@cornell.edu>

On Mar 16, 2015, at 12:18 PM, Benjamin Van Doren