Migrating geese, both SNOW & CANADA, continued over Ithaca yesterday (Wed 18
Mar) despite NW winds. Perhaps the winds are less unfavorable close to West
Hill at my place.
In the evening I saw several flocks of northbound blackbirds. Although my only
postive IDs were COMMON GRACKLES my suspicion is that the others were mostly
Red-winged Blackbirds.
Also northbound past my house at about treetop level was a single GREAT BLUE
HERON.
Yesterday morning in Fall Creek along Renwick I saw 15 WOOD DUCKS, 2 male
GREEN-WINGED TEAL, and a passle of displaying HOODED MERGANSERS. Aythyas
continue in the creeks as well.