On Lansing Station Rd.:

Female BROWN HEADED COWBIRD

SONG SPARROW

The big flock of RED WINGED BLACKBIRDS continues alternating front and back
yard feeding areas.

Since the birds are quite close to me, I can see a lot of plumage detail among
the RWBLs.
It has been fun looking at the different color patterns.

Some of the younger males are mostly black with just brown spots on their
backs. There are a couple others that look more like a cross between a male and
a female with definite black bellies, but with what looks almost like dark
brownish striping on their backs, yet they have the little yellow part of the
epaulet showing.

Donna L. Scott
Lansing