Before we are inundated with possible sightings, let's just clarify that
"Arctic Kite" is, as far as I am aware, an entirely fictitious name, and
any so-called expert in raptors using this term is unlikely to be such. The
only thing I can think of that would come close to fitting this name is
Rough-legged Hawk, which is hardly an unusual bird around here in the
winter in any case, and is neither the size of an eagle nor a kestrel. I
suggest we consider more existent species as explanations for our raptor
sightings. ;-)

Jay

On Sun, Mar 22, 2015 at 9:01 AM, Sandy <sandra.w...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was driving down rte 79 westward near 1341 e state street just now at
> about 8:45 am and saw a falcon-shaped bird, about the size of a kestrel it
> smaller with snow-white under belly and under wings. Could not see top side
> as it was dive- bombing around in the evergreens behind the houses on the
> odd side of the street. It was not flying in a direction but hunting.  Tail
> was long and retracted for diving.
>
> Sent from my iPhone

> ARCHIVES:

> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/