Late this morning atop Mt. Pleasant, I watched a pair of TREE SWALLOWS, at one
of the nest boxes along the road to the towers, starting territory and
courtship behaviors.  The female (presumably) hung on the front, looking in the
hole, while the male (presumably) did "flutter flight" over her and sang the
tree swallow song.  Then both would fly rapidly about the box, describing
mostly eccentric circles.  Sometimes one or the other would fly very high in
the air doing smaller circles.  Initially there was only the pair, but when I
left 1.5 hrs. later there were 3 pairs each interested in a different box.
Steve FastBrooktondale