Crows are laying eggs now, so vigilance against thieves is in order (I imagine
the extended family participates in this). The West Danby Ravens are
accomplished egg-thieves, and now have nestlings to feed. Even the Canada Geese
are apt to be robbed. I've found their huge empty eggshells on the forest floor
in the vicinity of Ravens's nests, a mile or more from the nearest goose nests!

-Geo Kloppel