Hi Cayugabirders,

As hard as it can be to believe, May is finally almost here! Thursday wrapped
up another week of Avicaching (http://ebird.org/content/ebird/avicaching/), and
I wanted to post another update here, and perhaps interest some more people in
going birding for a chance at a free pair of binoculars! What more could you
ask for in life?

26 people have participated in Avicaching now, reporting over 100 species
across more than 275 checklists submitted from the Avicache locations. Each
checklist submitted from an Avicache helps improve the scientific analyses that
eBird does, while also giving you an excuse to bird in some new places, and
have a chance at winning a free pair of Zeiss binoculars!

Many more details can be found here:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/avicaching/, and I hope you give it a try. For
Avicaching veterans, there are two changes this week. First off, the point
values for each location are more variable, ranging from 2-10. This means that
by visiting some high-value locations, you can quickly catch up in the
rankings! You are also now able to earn points from a single location multiple
times in a week, or even a day. All you need to do is have checklists be more
than an hour apart, and you’re good to go.

Please don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions or comments
about Avicaching, and I look forward to perhaps running into you out in the
field!

Best,
Ian Davies
eBird Project Assistant