?After reading geo's post about Ovenbirds and thrushes in Danby area, I decided
to try my hand at recording evening chorus. Unfortunately, I did not find any
ovenbirds or Hermit thrushes.

I did find a pair of Raven's croaking, several Song Sparrows but not as
numerous as in the past, lots of Am. Goldfinches and Robins singing, a
yellow-bellied Sapsucker and a Wood Thrush. But not otherwise many birds.  I
spent just a couple of hours late in the evening.

On Friday morning, I took a walk In the Hawthorn Orchard. Everything was quiet
except for a couple of Ruby-crowned Kinglets and it seems the East Hill Merlins
have returned. This the second time I have heard them from Mitchell street end.
I believe the sound was coming form a Pine tree, which was across the house
next to East Hill cemetery on Mitchell street. I investigated this location a
little later from a closer location, but I did not see the birds nor did I hear
them again.

I also think I have found a Hairy woodpecker's nest and a White-breasted
Nuthatch nest too.

Cheers

Meena

Meena Haribal