Contrary to a post earlier this month, it appears that the Red Tail Hawks
who nested last year near Stout Road in Seneca County haven't deserted the
area after all. This morning we were spotted by a stunning adult as we came
around a bend above the ravine. S/he took up a station in one of the
tallest trees and proceeded to cuss at us in no uncertain terms. S/he flew
to the opposite side of the tree and took up the refrain, only stopping
when we moved on and were out of sight.

With the trees in full foliage, as opposed to last year's earlier nest
sighting, it will be next to impossible to spot a nest, but I look forward
to further lectures from one or two parents.