- First 2015 group of Mallard ducklings this morning - seven.

- On Sunday we noted a family of Canada Geese - eight goslings. This is
definitely a first in our so-far fifteen years on Elm Beach. The number of
offspring is, I believe, accurate, though the parents are so cautious that
they take the goslings far offshore when a human is spotted, and circle
diligently to keep them in safe territory.

- There were TWO pairs of adult Canadas during the past couple of weeks, so
perhaps/hopefully there will be a second family on the lake soon.

- Not birds, but winged creatures:  there has been a group of 3-11 Tiger
Swallowtail butterflies 'puddling' in a damp depression along the road for
the past few days.