?Today my catbird started singing at 3.16 am (or that is when I woke up and
checked time) and he sang till 5.46 am.  I am sorry for him, he has to spend so
much energy singing. So he deserves some moths. I did scare away some of the
beautiful ones such as female Polyphemus, Io, a couple of Prominents and a
couple of geometrids. I left him lots of tiny totricids.  I have not seen him
come to the sheet. Either he has got poor memory or he is a new guy on the
block and has not yet learn about moths.  A Cardinal was clicking quite close
by who also visits moth sheet, so may be he will be the one gets to pick juicy
moths. They don't seem to eat lappet moths and Hickory Tussock moths, which are
plentiful.

Also, a Raven croaked for quite sometime while I was photographing moths. So he
must have nested close by somewhere.

Cheers

Meena

PS: As I type this, I hear a Towhee calling "towhee" right now outside my
window.

Meena Haribal
Ithaca NY 14850
42.429007,-76.47111