HI Meena,

Re <Yesterday evening I went to  Salmon Creek in the hopes of recording some
birds. >

this area is very noisy in the summer. (Lang Elliott and I have sometimes been
at Salt Pt/Lansing Pk video/sound-recording during this spring/summer. Best is
very early on a Sunday morning! Don't go out to Lansing today...their fireworks
are tonight and the place is a zoo already.

<I found a pair of juvenile Sapsuckers feeding on a sap holes in a walnut tree,
this is the first time I have seen them on walnuts.  A  couple of butterflies
and a hummingbird also seem to be exploiting the sap holes.

< I found a nest of a Red-bellied Woodpecker,  the hole was just below a large
bracket mushroom which looked like made a nice roof for the nest >

WOuld you share the locations of the sapsucker and RBWoodpecker? Lang and/or I
would be interested in these.

Thanks very much

Marie

Marie Read Wildlife Photography
452 Ringwood Road
Freeville NY  13068 USA

Phone  607-539-6608
e-mail   m...@cornell.edu

http://www.marieread.com

Author of Sierra Wings: Birds of the Mono Lake Basin    Available here:

http://marieread.photoshelter.com/gallery/Sierra-Wings-Birds-of-the-Mono-Lake-Basin/G0000NlCxX37uTzE/C0000BPFGij6nLfE