From: bounce-119460998-15001...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-119460998-15001...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Dave Nutter
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2015 7:12 PM
To: Melanie Uhlir
Cc: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [cayugabirds-l] Black-headed Grosbeak

Why not immature male Rose-breasted Grosbeak?

--Dave Nutter

On Jul 17, 2015, at 03:18 PM, Melanie Uhlir
<mela...@mwmu.com<mailto:mela...@mwmu.com>> wrote:
I just had what looked for all the world like a female Black-headed
Grosbeak at my feeder. At first I thought it was a Rose-breasted, but
the markings on its head were much brighter than those of a female
Rose-breasted and, more to the point, there was a very noticeable
orange-y wash on its breast. Has anyone else ever seen Black-headed
Grosbeaks around here?

A short while before that I had both a male Purple Finch and a male
House Finch perched on the feeder demonstrating their differences in
plumage. A male Goldfinch completed a very bright little group.

Melanie
Wood Road, Freeville (Wood Road south of the swamp)

Subscribe, Configuration and
The Mail