This evening around 4:45 pm I discovered an Osprey on Rt. 90, south of the
Village of Cayuga. It was in the north lane in front of the Mennonite farm
across from the nesting platform. It was apparently if not obviously the
result of having been hit by a vehicle. Part of one wing  was severed.

After retrieving the bird and severed wing I deposited both near the base
of the nesting platform; it appeared to me to be a mature unbanded bird.
The remaining Osprey seem to be in distress as it called from the tower. I
was unable to file a report from the site not having an internet-connected
phone.

Bill Roberts
Aurora