Shorebird species seen today at Knox-Marsellus & Puddler (mostly Puddler) from
Towpath Road included:

Semipalmated Plover
Killdeer
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Stilt Sandpiper
Pectoral Sandpiper
Least Sandpiper
Semipalmated Sandpiper
WESTERN SANDPIPER
White-rumped Sandpiper
Baird's Sandpiper
Buff-Breasted Sandpiper
Short-billed Dowitcher

There were also several Sandhill Cranes on the vegetated flats and a EURASIAN
WIGEON among the waterfowl at K-M.

The Western Sandpiper was reported to the text rare-bird-alert group about 10am
by Benjamin Van Dorn. It was reported to eBirds by Luke Seitz crediting "LDS"
with the initial find. Assuming this does not refer to the Mormon church, I
don't know who LDS is nor who else was in the finding party, but I would like
to credit all on the Cayuga Lake Basin 2015 First Records list, so please,
someone let me know.

I was among 6 people arriving at noon who did not refind the Western Sandpiper,
but heat shimmer was a bigger issue then. On tomorrow's field trip we'll make
a more thorough search in better optical conditions.

We'll be leaving the Montezuma NWR Visitor Center at Sunday 6 September 8am,
and meeting at the overlook on East Road about 8:15am, where we'll decide the
best option to walk in.