Sapsucker Woods was full of migrant songbirds and Wood Ducks on Monday
morning.

SWAINSON’S THRUSH (1 found by Jay McGowan at base of Sherwood Platform, 2
more along Podell Boardwalk)

CAPE MAY WARBLER (1 presumed M with bold white wing panel, first by Charley
Harper memorial bench and then by Sherwood Platform)

BAY-BREASTED WARBLER (2 at first split on Wilson Trail North, 1 by Harper
bench, 3+ by Woodleton)

BLACKBURNIAN WARBLER (2 M and 1 presumed F by Harper bench, 1 by
Woodleton.  Female was so dull that I thought it was a Blackpoll at first,
until I saw the faint cheek patch)

BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER (1 M by Woodleton)

BLACK-THROATED GREEN WARBLER (first Wilson North split, Harper bench,
Woodleton)

Magnolia Warbler(at all above-listed locations)

Yellow-rumped Warbler (all above-listed locations)

OVENBIRD (1 by Woodleton Boardwalk – my first in several weeks, hopefully
not my last for several months)

TENNESSEE WARBLER (3 by Harper bench – all with green backs, yellow
throats, white bellies and vents, unlike the mostly yellow Tennessees seen
often at the Lab over the past few weeks)

BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLER (probable by Sherwood, confirmed at Woodleton)

Common Yellowthroat (all along Wilson Trail North)

PHILADELPHIA VIREO (1 by Harper bench – convenient comparison with
yellow-throated Tennessee Warblers)

BLUE-HEADED VIREO (1+, first seen by Harper bench and then by Sherwood)

RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH (2 by Sherwood)

WOOD DUCK (30+ in small section of main pond, 6+ in Fuller Wetlands;
possibly many more throughout)

Mark Chao