Just a quick note about a few of today' specialties.

    Highlights at the visitor center were 20+ Pectoral Sandpipers and 4
Black-bellied Plovers plus a Sandhill Crane flying straight at us and
dropping in to the main pool. This was the only spot that we saw Blue-winged
Teal.

    On the wildlife drive near the end of  Larue's Lagoon the large number
of swallows in the Smartweed include Tree, Barn, Bank, Cliff and
Rough-winged.

    Eaton's marsh had 1 Cackling Goose, 7 Stilt, 1 White-rumped, 2
Semi-palmated, 6 Least and 2 Pectoral Sandpipers, 14 Long-billed and 1
Short-billed Dowitcher, 1 Wilson's snipe, 3 Black-bellied and 2
Semi-palmated plovers. An observer ahead of us reported a Hudsonian Godwit
flying out to the north just before we got there around noon. She had
received a text of a godwit at Knox-Marcellus at the same time; 1 or 2? We
saw neither. It was nice to hear 2 Bald Eagles calling as they soared above
us there.

     The Montezuma Audubon Center south pool is gradually filling but still
had  good mudflats but only 8 Lesser Yellowlegs  and 13 Least Sandpipers. 4
Great Egrets was our highest concentration for the day.  2 Sandhill cranes
flew to the west.

     Knox-Marsellus had 3 Sandhill Cranes with another 4 at Puddler's, with
2 Trumpeter Swans.  Arriving there around 4:30 we saw no shorebirds and a
couple Harrriers hunted the marsh. A half hour later a small flock of peep
came in with 2 Baird's and several Least Sandpipers. They stayed only
briefly when another small flock flew in with a Dunlin; again only landing
for a short time.

     Back at Puddler's we again started with no shorebirds until a
Black-bellied plover was spotted among the geese. A short time later 5
Golden Plovers and a Dunlin  flew in to join it. Next a flock of 13
Semi-palmated Plovers and several leasts came in and stayed as we left. A
high flying northbound Peregrine Falcon made a half-hearted attempt at a
swallow then moved on.  Mike Tetlow