In Freeville the clouds didn't cover the moon until it was coming out of
the eclipse. I did happen to see to meteor whilst admiring the "Super
Blood Moon." The only soundtrack accompanying my moon-gazing was a very
loud cricket chorus and what seemed to be all of two Katydids.

I used to hear both GHO and Barred Owls here pretty frequently but
haven't heard either for a while. I also used to find owl pellets and
hear a GHO calling from the little patch of coniferous woods in the back
of the property. Once, but only once, I heard a Screech Owl. Shall I
seed my property with extraneous mice to lure some owls back? I don't
know what changed to make them move on. There are houses across the road
which used to be a field but there is still a large field next to and
behind our place (please may it always be so).

Melanie