Thanks for the update, Fritzie.  I am sad to hear this news, and I wonder
if any former scouts or scout leaders on this list would be willing to
speak up and speak to the scout master who issues the merit.  I would think
a merit is earned in such a way that respects the democratic process and
seeks to meet the needs of a greater good....seeking a win-win solution.
Sounds like local politics at play.  Perhaps former scouts on this list
could approach the scout master and ask him(?) if he would be willing to
withhold the merit until a solution has been found....and some of us need
to meet to help find a win-win solution.  Did we dropped the ball by only
writing letters and not seeing this all the way through???  It sound like
at this point things could be allowed to grow back???  I am willing to help.
Sandy