For this morning's bird walk, we had a flock of about a dozen rusty
blackbirds near Sherwood Platform, first foraging low by one of the small
ponds, then gathering in one of the trees. Also there were some
yellow-rumped warblers and ruby-crowned kinglets, and many white-throated
sparrows throughout. Closer to Owens Platform I heard a red-bellied-like
call which I vaguely recall concluding last year as being from a winter
wren, but didn't tracked it down. A cooper's hawk was seen a couple times
patrolling the back pond, which has lots of wood ducks including brilliant
males.

Suan