From: bounce-119851092-3493...@list.cornell.edu
[mailto:bounce-119851092-3493...@list.cornell.edu] On Behalf Of Christopher Wood
Sent: Monday, November 02, 2015 9:21 PM
To: Jay McGowan
Cc: CAYUGABIRDS-L
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] Hybrid Blue-winged x Cinnamon Teal

Hi everyone,

I think all the traits that Jay points out are conclusive that this is a
hybrid. There isn't a transitional plumage of Cinnamon Teal that would ever
show this extent of a white facial crescent, spotting on the sides or this
amount of white where the flanks meet the rump. The cinnamon coloration is also
diluted and not as bright. These traits are the ones to look for on Cinnamon x
Blue-winged hybrid - a bird that is much rarer than Cinnamon Teal (though
perhaps not in NY).

Great find!

Chris Wood
Ithaca, NY